When I Learned To Make Shrimp Creole
When I was in my late teens my step sister taught me to make Shrimp Creole, but over the years I quite making it, and pretty much forgot the exact recipe she taught me. Do you make Shrimp Creole?
I was given the basic ingredients from a fan, then searched for recipes and put two and two together and came up with the recipe below, please let me know if it got it right 🙂
Delicious Shrimp Creole
Shrimp Creole is delicious over a bed of rice, recently I heard that some prefer having it over grits, I have to try that.
Blanche The Tomatoes and Peel
Saute The Onion, Bell Pepper & Celery
Cooking The Shrimp Creole
How Do You Make Shrimp Creole?
Do you make Shrimp Creole? If you do please let me know how I did, or what you think of my Shrimp Creole.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup onion diced (sweet)
- 1/2 cup bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 1 1/2 pounds Roma tomatoes blanched, peeled and diced.
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1.5 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce (omit if Bright Line Eating)
- a shot or two of bottled hot sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp honey (omit if Bright Line Eating)
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2-2.5 cups pounds peeled shrimp
- Put water, diced onion, bell pepper and celery in a large skillet on high, water saute’ till soft.
- To the skillet add the diced tomatoes, all the rest of the ingredients except the shrimp, mix well, cover and bring to a simmer.
- If mix seems dry add a little water and let the sauce simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes add the shrimp, stir and let everything continue to simmer on low for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice, or grits.
Let Me Know What You Think
Please, If you have any questions or comments let me know what you think below, in the comments section… Thank you for reading…