Maybe Like Me, You Are Trying Avoid Refined Sugar
Have you found a way to get your Cranberry fix? If you love Cranberries like me you are going to want them with your Turkey dinner, how about a Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce?
So Very Delicious
This Sugar Free Cranberry sauce is just as delicious as the canned stuff, at least to me… Harvey liked it too…
Of course, it is not as sweet as the sugared version, and it does not jell as well, but I still love it… If you want more of a gelatin feel, you can add a tsp or so of unflavored gelatin, but I don’t think it needs it.
Would You Eat Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce?
Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce is not unsweetened but is sweetened with fruit instead of refined sugar. Cranberries are pretty sour, so I use yummy dates to sweeten it up… you can adjust my recipe and add more fruit if you think it needs it…
Dates are not the only way to sweeten naturally, you could use Apples, Oranges or even a little real Honey, Maple Syrup, or Molasses…
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to hear what you think please leave me a comment or suggestion below… Thank you for visiting… 🙂
Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce
- 1 Cup Fresh Whole Cranberries, Washed & Cleaned
- 1/4 Cup Dates, Pitted
- 3/4 Cup Water
- Using a blender or food processor add everything and chop fine, I used my small chopper.
- Pour into a small pan and put over medium heat, while stirring bring to a boil.
- Stir & Boil till foam disappears and the color deepens, it should look like a thick sauce.
- Boil for about 5 minutes, maybe a little longer, do not boil so long that all the water evaporates.
- Pour into heat resistant containers, let cool and enjoy.
- Makes close to 1 cup
I hope you enjoy, Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce!