Full Meal Corn Taco Salad
What is better than Taco Salad? How about a Full Meal Corn Taco Salad, Yea!
A New Fangled Salad
Not just a salad but a Full Meal Salad… I have been trying to eat 8 ozs of leafy greens a day. One way that I can do that is to have a huge salad. An even better way is to make a complete meal out of it… Include good fats, proteins, and carbohydrates.
Your Going To Need A Big Bowl
After weeks of trying to keep 8 ounces of lettuce greens and salad toppings on a plate, I splurged and purchased two huge porcelain bowls, the details said they were vegetable serving bowls, and held 36ozs each. They are perfect I can fill them to my heart’s delight and everything stays inside the bowl.
Ground Beef or Roast Beef?
I made this Full Meal Corn Taco Salad with leftover Roast Beef, and it was delicious… But I would not have a problem using ground beef if that is what I had…
One really good thing about Roast Beef is if you choose a low fat tougher cut, and cook it till it is tender you would be eating meat with less fat than if using Ground Beef…
I recently cooked a Beef Eye of Round, a tough piece of meat, but the way that it was cooked made all the difference, I hope to share that with you soon…
For Vegetarians & Vegans
Are you Vegetarian or maybe you are Vegan, no worries you can easily switch out the Beef for some delicious Black Beans or other Bean of your choice… The Cheese can be dropped or replaced with Nutritional Yeast if you use it…
Fresh or Frozen Corn
If you have fresh Corn, of course, use that but if not frozen Corn works well, maybe look for the one labeled Tender Sweet Corn or something like that.
Most Taco Salads that I have had usually have a tortilla shell, but this Taco Salad does not need the tortilla shell when we add fresh corn.
I am no expert but I think that the corn will give us all the starchy carbs that we need. Now I have good reason to get a bulk case of Corn on the Cob… 🙂
I prefer using Romaine Lettuce, the reason is that it is hearty, and will last a long time before it goes bad… I also like the heavier texture than the other lighter leaf lettuces, I feel like I can sink my teeth into it.
This recipe is for two servings, if you are going to go for 8 ounces of lettuce per salad, you are going to need at least one full head of Romaine Lettuce or two if they are small, this is not the light colored hearts, but the full head with the green outer leaves still attached.
What I Hope For You
It is my hope that this Full Meal Corn Taco Salad will help you eat more vegetables and especially greens… You should know that I have plans to create additional Full Meal Salad recipes, including; Beef Broccoli & Mushroom, Tomatillo Green Chili Pork and more. I am working as fast as I can so please check back soon, or if you like subscribe to receive the new recipes in your inbox when they come out…
Per Full Meal Salad
1312 Calories – 46g Protein – 95g Fat – 46g Net Carbs – 24g Fiber
Serves 2 Full Meal Salads or 4 Side Salads
- 16oz Romaine Lettuce, Washed, Cut, Dried, Weighed out in two 8oz servings
- 8oz Roast Beef pre-cooked and cut into small pieces
- 4 Roma Tomatoes, Washed, Cut & Salted
- 4 tbsp. Chopped onion, I had white, but Green would be nice
- 2 small ripe Avocados, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups Corn, fresh or frozen
- 6 each Black Olives chopped
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan, Cheddar or Your Favorite Cheese
- 4 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2-4 tbsp. Apple Cider or Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/8 tsp liquid Smoke
- 1/2 tsp Paprika, smoked if you have it
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- Wash, Chop, and Salt Roma Tomatoes divide into two dishes.
- Wash Peel and Chop Avocados and Onion divide and place into the dishes with the tomatoes.
- Add 1 cup of Corn to each dish of tomatoes, avocados & onion.
- Dress the salad by adding half of each of the Olive oil, Vinegar, liquid Smoke, and Spices to each individual serving, mix them well.
- Re-Heat the Beef, and grate the Cheese
- Pour the dressed Vegetables on top each serving of Lettuce, top with half of the Beef and Cheese.
- Taste and adjust Vinegar, Salt & Pepper to your liking…
If you are controlling your portions you will need to keep ingredients for each serving separate. I measure our individual portions into our serving bowls as I go along, dividing all ingredients in half either with a measuring device or weighing on my scale.
This recipe calls for leftover Roast Beef but you can substitute Ground Beef if you like. Either one can be prepared in advance, and reheated when ready to use. If using Ground Beef be sure to season it with salt and pepper as it cooks.
Romaine Lettuce may also be prepared a day or two in advance, weighed out in serving sizes and stored till needed.
Let Me Know What You Think
If you have any questions or comments let me know what you think below, in the comments section… Thank you for reading… 🙂
Full Meal Salad Posts
All Full Meal Salad Posts Here…
Bright Line Eating Posts
All Bright Line Eating Posts Here…