Oh, So Easy Chiles & Cheese
Of all the things I could eat, Green Chiles and Cheese, or Chiles Rellenos are my favorite… These lovelies are made without flour,,, I love them and hope you will too…
Roast Your Chiles, Under The Broiler
Roasting then peeling chiles is about one of the easiest things we can do… Just wash up the chiles, and put them on a broiler pan. Set oven to Hi Broil, and broil till the chiles are blackened on one side, the flip them over and blacken the other side… Voila’ roasted chiles…
Now Peel Your Chiles….
Peeling chiles could be even easier than roasting them,,, Put the hot chiles in a zip loc bag or another container that will withhold the heat and moisture for a while…
When cooled the peels should almost slip off… Cut open and remove seeds and the stem.
Frozen Pork Roast Pan Drippings For Flavor
What could really be better than bouillon than leftover pan drippings from a fatty slab of roasted meat… Beef or Pork… I popped the frozen mass out of the container and it was thin enough to slice… A slice or two is all we needed… 🙂
Make The Enchilada Sauce, No Added Flour
A chunk of frozen pork drippings, a tablespoon or two of a sugar and flour free tomato paste, all the spices and a cup of water…
Cover Chiles With Cheese & Put Under The Broiler
Use as much cheese as you like, I like a lot… Then melt it under a broiler, and top with Sugar & Flour Free Enchilada Sauce.
More Sugar & Flour Free Mexican Recipes
You Can Find More Sugar & Flour Free Mexican Food Posts Here!
Pinnable Image Below
I have started creating pinnable images, I hope you will like this image and pin it…. 🙂
Easy Chiles & Cheese
- 8 Green Chiles, roasted & de-seeded
- 2 cups or more Jack or Cheddar Cheese grated
- 1 tbsp. Sugar & Flour Free Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp. Pork or Other Roast Pan Drippings
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp. Paprika Powder
- 1/2 tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Liquid Smoke
- 1 cup Water
- Roast Chiles; wash chiles and place on a cookie sheet, set the oven, on hi broil, broil chiles till they are blacked on all sides.
- Put the roasted Chiles in a zip lock bag and close, let them cool down, you can put in the refrigerator to cool faster.
- When the Chiles have cooled and had time to sweat in the bag, peel them, the peels should come off easily.
- Slit the peeled Chiles and remove the seeds and stems, rinse with water if needed to remove all the seeds.
- Place Chiles flat in a baking dish and cover with grated cheese, set aside.
- Make Enchilada sauce; place the rest of the ingredients in a pan, mix, and heat till boiling, let the sauce cook till everything has dissolved and looks like sauce.
- Put Chiles and Cheese under a broiler to melt, and top with enchilada sauce when cheese is melted.
That’s it Enjoy!
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to know what you think. please leave me a question or a comment below…. Thank you for visiting 🙂