Has To Be Easiest Enchilada Sauce Recipe Ever
When I was growing up Mom always bought canned sauce. The idea of making my own would never have occurred to me, except that I meet a women at a get-together who brought the most delicious homemade enchiladas. We chatted a little and she told me how easy it was to make, and the ingredients she used. I have long forgotten her exact recipe but over the years have developed my own. It is so easy to make you may never want to buy canned sauce again… 🙂
Another Perfect Sugar & Flour Free Recipe
Being Sugar, Gluten & Flour Free makes this sauce perfect for the Eating Real Whole Foods with Bright Line Rules diet. Maybe you remember that a year ago last July I was diagnosed with diabetes… It took about 8 months but I was able to get my numbers in the normal range just by cleaning up my diet and exercising. Two of the things I gave up was Sugar & Flour. The sad part is that after getting my last blood work and learning that my hard work paid off, I fell off the wagon and it has taken me the last 7 months to want to get back on.
6 Choices That Lead To My Failure
I think that I have figured out what went wrong… I can pinpoint at least 6 things that I did wrong.
- One – I gave up my dietitian, my support person. We decided that I was doing so well that I didn’t need her any longer.
- Two – I started over exercising, I loved the step machine so much that I built myself up to 1-hour sessions, it was too much too soon, quit going to the gym because I exhausted.
- Three – I was considering going Keto and cut my carbs so low, it caused me to crave more carbs, and what I craved was sugar & fat for quick energy.
- Four – I made the appointment for my last lab work too late in the day for a fasting blood test, I was starving by the time it was over.
- Five – I was so hungry that we had lunch at the nearest all you can eat buffet, not that I ate so much but the chemicals in the food give me strong cravings for sweets and desserts.
- Six – I gave in to my cravings and that was all she wrote, I didn’t really binge, but I sure made up for lost time. After a while, my energy declined, and I started sitting in front of the computer too much and gained back the weight that I lost, then I lost all desire to do anything physical or to even get back on plan.
What I didn’t realize at the time was how much I needed my support person, having someone to talk to helped me make positive changes and because I did not want to disappoint her to keep them up, all the other things just come together around the same time making it easier for me to lose control.
What Helped Me Get Back On Plan?
One of the things that I did to get myself back on track was to build a new website aimed at Eating Real Whole Food with the Bright Line Rules of No Sugar & No Flour. I put my Full Meal Salad concept down on paper and turned it into a full blown meal plan. This is Bright Line Eating done my way: unprocessed, whole, high volume plant foods with just enough animal proteins and fat to satisfy our needs. I offer my plan to anyone who would subscribe to my newsletter, several people took me up on the offer and subscribed, some even joined the Facebook support group. But I still was not back on plan, I just couldn’t get motivated.
Now 5 months later something unexpected happened, the site took off I noticed that I was getting lots of new subscribers, and new traffic. Last month over 400 people subscribed to the newsletter. It went from 63 subscribers to 400 in just a few days. I got busy trying to give this growing group value for their time. Making myself available to answer questions, or to help in any way that I could. I wanted to make sure everyone had access to all the resources that I had developed for Eat Real Whole Food subscribers. Out of the 463 subscribers, 100 joined the facebook support group. I was so excited but now what was I going to do with all those people wanting to learn about Eating Real Whole Foods with Bright Line Rules from me?
Supporting Others Motivated Me
I started interacting with the group, sharing the Food Plan that I had created. They asked me questions, lots of questions mostly about the Food Plan, how to use it, what is this and what does that mean. The questions have been helping me refine the Plan, I think that the refinements are making the plan fit a broader range of people. I never expected them to be supporting me but they are, I am now back on plan and working to stay that way. Taking one day at a time just like everyone else in the group.
Sugar & Flour Free Recipes?
Would you like to see more Sugar & Flour Free recipes in the future? It is my plan to continue creating more recipes that fit a Sugar & Flour Free lifestyle if you would like to bookmark the Sugar & Flour Free category you could check back later for future recipes…
Free Making Full Meal Salads E-Book
Never miss a post, subscribe to receive our daily post newsletter, and get your free copy of Making Full Meal Salads E-Book, Subscribe Here.
Sugar, Gluten & Flour Free Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 cup Chicken Stock, Vegetable Stock or Water
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp. Pasilla Chile powder, mild Paprika or mild Chile powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- In a saucepan add, all the ingredients, mix well, bring to a simmer. Let sauce simmer for about 10 minutes.
Use as you would any other enchilada sauce or try it with my favorite Cheese Enchiladas.
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to hear what you think about Gluten Free Red Enchilada Sauce”, Please leave me a comment or question below. Thank You for visiting. 🙂