I Love Making Whipped Shea Butter
Making Whipped Shea Butter has to be one of the most satisfying chores I have ever had… I call it a chore because I used to make them for the farmers market to sell, but no longer… Now I make them for you… So that You can learn to make your own…
Whipped Shea Butter
When you whip the Shea butter, you incorporate air into the mix, and the more you beat it the more air you get, and the tinier the bubbles the smoother and creamier the butter gets…
She is one of those delicious hydrating fats that if you ever get a chance to try you will fall in love with it too.
Shea, Cocoa, & Coconut Blend
Today I created a blend of 2 parts Shea Butter, 1 part Cocoa Butter and 1 part Coconut oil… The combination is great, and the finished Body Butter has a lovely chocolate smell… If you like chocolate this one is for you…
Making Whipped Body Butter Is So Easy To Make
Gather some equipment, and supplies. Then measure, melt, cool, whip & fill your jars….
Use Glass Jars If You Can
When I first started making Whipped Shea Body Butter I put the butter in plastic cosmetic jars, but glass is so much better… I found these cute Ball Elite canning jars, they come in 4 and 8 oz., a perfect size for anyone, and no BPA’s.
Keep Your Eyes Peeled
I have several posts in the works that will help you create & customize several different Bath & Body Products using Coconut Castile Liquid Soap Base, I plan to have them out in the next few weeks keep your eyes open.
Free Cold Process Soap Making E-Book
Never miss a post, subscribe to receive our daily post newsletter, and get your free copy of Cold Process Soap Making E-Book Subscribe Here.
Watch The Video
It is a little slow but you will get a good idea of how this recipe works by watching the video…
The Ultimate Whipped Shea Body Butter
- 16 oz. Unrefined Shea Butter
- 8 oz. Organic Cocoa Butter
- 8 oz. Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
Alcohol & Paper Towels
- Double Boiler or large pot
- Stand or hand mixer
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Empty containers
- Measure the fats and oils, into the mixing bowl.
- Place mixing bowl over a double boiler or large pot of boiling water.
- Let fats and oils melt.
- When fats and oils are melted mix well and set aside to cool.
- When fats are cool, start beating with mixer.
- Start beating the mix on low and as the fats get cooler and thicker speed up the mixer, till you are able to keep if full on.
- Use your freezer to speed up the process, it took me 5 – 3-minute episodes before my batter was cool enough to hold a whip.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, place in freezer for 3 minutes, use a timer. Then mix batter for a minute or two, then back into the freezer, doing the same every time.
- Watch the video for the exact way that I got the fats whipped…
- Fill your jars & Enjoy!
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to hear what you think about, How To Make The Ultimate Whipped Shea Body Butter. Please leave me a comment or question below… Thank you for visiting… 🙂