Do You Love Salt Bars? You must try this Ultimate Coconut Salt Bar!
I have never been a salt bar person until now I love these… And, boy do they clean my dry & dirty feet… LOL
So Easy To Make
Just grate the soap, add the ingredients, mix, put into a pot and turn the oven on,,, Check it every 15 – 30 minute and when it is fully melted, remove from the heat, stir it down and put into molds, press down. Then put soap bars somewhere safe to cool down. In about a two weeks they should be good to go… Because the soap is cooked when you melt it for the salt bars, you should not need to cure this rebatched soap for more than two weeks.
More or Less Poppy Seeds
I tried it both ways, with more poppy seeds and with less poppy seeds. I like them both ways. The recipe is for the lesser, try it as written and next time up the poppy seeds if you want… Poppy seeds are optional, you do not have to add them… They do add some nice color.
Coconut Salt Bars Made With The Ultimate Rebatch Soap Base
A DIY Bath & Body Product Gift Basket…
These Coconut Salt Bars fit perfectly in my DIY Bath & Body Product Gift Basket, coming soon, look for the giveaway…
Keep Your Eyes Peeled
I have several posts in the works that will help you create & customize several different Bath & Body Products using Coconut Castile Liquid Soap Base, I plan to have them out in the next few weeks keep your eyes open.
Free Cold Process Soap Making E-Book
Never miss a post, subscribe to receive our daily post newsletter, and get your free copy of Cold Process Soap Making E-Book Subscribe Here.
Watch The Video
It is a little slow but you will get a good idea of how this recipe works by watching the video…
The Ultimate Coconut Salt Bar
- 16 oz. grated Bar Soap
- 5 oz. Salt
- 5 oz. Baking Soda
- 1.5 oz. Poppy Seed (optional)
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 24 tbsp. Distilled Water
- Large Bowl
- Large Stainless Steel Pot w/lid
- Measuring spoons
- Plastic containers for molds
- In a large bowl, add the salt, baking soda, and poppy seeds.
- Add 3 tbsp. Olive oil, and mix well.
- Weigh the grated soap and mix with salt, baking soda, poppy seed, olive oil mix.
- Move mix to the large stainless steel pot, cover with the lid and put the pot in the oven at 350 degrees.
- Check the progress of the salt bar batter every 15 – 30 minutes, when it has completely melted and is puffing up, remove from oven.
- Stir down the batter and quickly add to molds, and press down.
- Set filled molds in an out of the way place for several days, then unmold and let cure for two weeks. Enjoy!
Use Coconut Salt Bars for exfoliating dry rough skin, do not use on tender delicate facial or other skin.
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to hear what you think about, How To Make The Ultimate Coconut Salt Bar. Please leave me a comment or question below… Thank you for visiting… 🙂