Why Not Make The Ultimate Rebatch Soap Base
You should, it is easy to make and you can use it to recreate any kind of bar soap you would like… You can hand mill the soap, with any essential oil, herbs or exfoliants that you like. Making a soap uniquely your own.
Formulated For Rebatching Soap
This recipe has been formulated for rebatching only… It has a small amount of extra lye to help incorporate more oils and other ingredients into a rebatched soap…
No More Than 3% New Oils
When making rebatched soap, keep the new oils around 3 percent of the batch… You can add a bit more dry ingredients, but you will need to go slow and see how they do.
Traced Soap In The Mold
Coconut oil soap traces pretty fast, stick with it and watch closely I had time to put into the mold but the batter was getting pretty stiff…
Soap Gelling In The Oven
I put my soap into a cold oven and turn the pilot light on, it keep the soap warm for a long time… And the longer you can keep it warm the better.
The Next Day
Remove the soap from the oven, and cut into logs or bars.
Use What You Have
Here I Am Using An Every Day Item To Hold My Rebatch Soap, I think it had strawberries in it… But works well for this job…
Now Rebatch Some Soap
The soap is ready to use for rebatching as soon as it has set and has had time to cool. Want to see what I have used it for? Click here for my Coconut Salt Bars.
Keep Your Eyes Peeled
I have several posts in the works that will help you create & customize several different Bath & Body Products using Coconut Castile Liquid Soap Base, I plan to have them out in the next few weeks keep your eyes open.
Free Cold Process Soap Making E-Book
Never miss a post, subscribe to receive our daily post newsletter, and get your free copy of Cold Process Soap Making E-Book Subscribe Here.
Watch The Video
Watching the video will give you a good idea of how this recipe works.
How To Make The Ultimate Rebatch Soap Base
- 66 oz. Organic Coconut Oil
- 10 oz. Food Grade Sodium Hydroxide
- 25 oz. Distilled Water
Vinegar, Old Towels or Paper Towels
Googles, Rubber Gloves & Vapor Mask. see safety page here.
- 2-gallon plastic bucket with lid
- 1-gallon plastic container for mold
- Plastic wrap to cover the inside of the mold
- Immersion Blender
- Scale for weighing ingredients
- Pot for measuring and melting fats
- Prepare the mold, line with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Measure the coconut oil into pot and put on low heat to melt.
- Measure the distilled water into the plastic bucket.
- Place bucket with water in the sink.
- Measure the lye and add it to water bucket in the sink.
- Stir lye crystals into the water and cover lye water with the lid .
- Add melted fats to lye water and blend till it traces…
- Pour soap batter into prepared mold, set filled mold in an out of the way place to set up.
- Rebatch soap is ready to use as soon as it has set up and cooled.
- Cure after soap has been rebatched.
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to hear what you think about, How To Make The Ultimate Rebatch Soap Base. Please leave me a comment or question below… Thank you for visiting… 🙂